2022-2023 AP Schedule
- Schedule Information
- October 5, 2023: AP exam registration ends
- April 29 – May 3, 2024: AP practice exams
- May 6-17, 2024: AP official exams
AP Policy and Offerings
To enroll in an AP® Course here at Primacy a student must have at least a 3.0 GPA or an instructor’s permission. A student might also have to fulfill certain perquisite courses before they can be enrolled. Students are not required to take the AP® Exam if they took the AP® Course. This years offerings include:
- AP® English Language and Composition – Jeff Kuhel AP®英文語言和作文
- AP® Computer Science A – Jason Van Schooneveld (Full Year Course) AP® 計算機科學 A (全年課程）
- AP® Microeconomics – Michael Brannaka AP®微觀經濟學
- AP® Macroeconomics – Beth Kaffenberger AP®宏觀經濟學
- AP® Calculus AB – Eric Shen (Full Year Course) AP® 微積分 AB
- AP® Psychology – Megan Elmendorf-Hopson AP®心理學
- AP® Chemistry – Stacey Mattison AP®化學
- AP® Biology – Mark Harper AP®生物
- AP® Pre-Calculus – Gene Tseng AP® 初級微積分
What Is AP®?
Advanced Placement is a program created by the College Board which offers college-level curricula and examinations to high school students.
Why take an AP® Course?
Many colleges look at the AP® Courses on a student’s transcript in deciding who they enroll in their college, as they are impressed with students who are willing to challenge themselves with fairly difficult classes.
AP® Class Vs Exam
The AP® program here at Primacy is divided into two parts, the AP® Course and the AP® Exam. By passing the AP® Exam with a score of 3 or higher out of 5, most colleges will award college credit for the course. Studio Art students submit a portfolio rather than an exam, with the portfolio graded on a scale of 6-Excellent to 1-Poor. Passing an AP® exam makes it easier for students to complete their General Education requirements (GEs) for their majors, saving considerable amounts of money on tuition, and allowing students to take more advanced classes sooner in their college career. In order to take the AP® Exam here at Primacy, a student needs to have completed the corresponding AP® Course here at Primacy.